29 August 2010

It's Sunday & that can only mean one thing......

a new challenge over at One Stitch At A Time & this week we have an absoloutely fab sponsor 'Kenny K' who is giving away a fantastic 3 prizes...

First prize is 3 digi image's
Second prize is 2 digi image's
Third prize is 1 didgi image
 Just wish I could enter this one because believe me you will have such a difficult time choosing 3 lolol because they are all gorgeous..
Today I have two cards for this challenge which has a theme of 'girlie' or there is a photo to give you inspiration
Being on the DT we got an image to play with & I got 'Movie Star'
I just love her, she is such a fun image.
I couldn't decide what colour to do her hair, so I asked Nige & he said blonde & blue...lol
Challenges I Am Entering
Stamp With Fun- card for a girl
Wild Orchid- sparkle

Stuff I Used
Image- Kenny K  'Movie Star'
IQ paper
Promarkers
Skin- blush & dusky pink
Lips- cerise
Eyes- pastel blue
Jacket- arctic & sky blue
Top- cerise & carmine
Trousers- ginger & spice
Shoes- cerise & carmine
Hair- primrose & sky blue
Sakura, white gel pen
Blue card, ribbon gems & brad my stash
DP- DCWV 'Nana's Kitchen' stack
Flower- Fred She Said
All distressing done with Tim Holtz 'Smokey Sky'
Sentiment ?
Tag cut on my slice 'Basic Elements' card

Onto my second OSAAT DT card today, this was a really special card for me to make, because my baby girl drew this image especially for me & called it 'Mom's Cupcake'....I just love all these fab cupcake digi's that are around at the moment, so Didge drew me my very own lol...You can purchase Didge's images from the Stitchy Bear Store under the name Didge's Doodles....where at the moment they are having a summer sale....

I just love the little cherries smiley face..sooooooooo cute lol

Challenges I Am Entering
Rainbow Lady's- sparkle & shine (used lots of glossy accents)
A Crafty Little Place- food
My Partner In Crafting Crime- food & drink
Stuff I Used
Image- Didge's Doodles  'Mom's Cupcake'
IQ paper
Promarkers
Case- satin & sandstone
Icing- blossom & pink carnation
Hearts & cherry- red & ruby
Stalk- pear green & moss
100 & 1000's- canary, pumpkin, sky blue & purple
DP-'Creative Imaginations' from QVC 
Turquoise paper my stash
'So Sweet' sentiment ?
Cherry & bits on icing glossed with Inkssentials 'Glossy Accents'
Red Dew Drops 'Crafty Emma's Store'

Don't forget also on the 12th September we are having a special challenge to promote the awareness of Autism, where there will be loads of prizes up for grabs, so put the date down in your diary now so you don't forget ...
hugs xx

28 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

Two fab card - i love the Kenny K - coloured so well and i think Nige was right about the hair colours.. the cupcake is scrummy too.. mm is it time for morning coffeee lol
Lisa ;)

Josephine said...

Two fabulous cards. The Kenny K is a definite platinum blonde, and looks gorgeous, and the cupcake is good enough to eat!

Margreet said...

2 gorgeous cards....love the colouring of the Kenny K girl.her hair is just fab!.....and the cupcake is yummie!!!
xxx Margreet

Brenda Brown said...

Woo hoo these are gorgeous Shell, love them both. Great colours for the movie star and 10/10 for Nige's suggestion. Danni's created a fab digi and the papers look brill with it.
Have a great day all of you.
Luv B xxx

bosenberries said...

yummy! Love your papers! Robin
My Partner in Crafting Crime

My'scardcorner said...

2 brilliant cards Shell cake looks good enough to eat.If you are not too busy pop over to my blog for a little goodie.
Myrax

ona_i_ja said...

Shell your cards is amazing :)

Hugs,
Agnes

Tammy said...

Both cards are great! You should be proud of your daughter!

Andrea said...

Very sweet card - loveley details. Thanks for joining stamp with Fun.
Hugs
Andrea-Emmi41

Dawn said...

Gorgeous card hon, love the colours, its so scrummy. x

Nicole said...

WOW, both are just awesome, Shell! Love that foodie card, though, it makes me want to go grab a tub of icing! Thanks for playing along and be sure to tune in on Tuesday for the next challenge! Hope to see you again!! Nicole - ACLP DT

Dawn said...

The cupcake is good enough to eat, beautiful. x

Sheri (a.k.a PaperCrafty) said...

Darling cards!! Love the sweet yummy cupcake!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at ACLP!!
Sheri-ACLP DT

Irena said...

Very pretty cards.

Carrie said...

That Kenny K card is something else...love it!!!
and the cupcake one...well it's just fabby xx

Polly Pierce said...

lovley cards Shell

just to let you know I have some candy up for grabs at my blog

http://paulasprettythings.blogspot.com/2010/08/blog-candy.html

Paula xx

Spyder said...

Love both your cards they are lovely!!!
(Lyn)

Marjo said...

Gorgeous DT cards. Love them both.

Hugs, Marjo

Gwen's Busy Little Hands said...

Yum! Cute cupcake and I'm luvin' al the cherries! Thanks for playing at A Crafty Little Place. Hope to see you back soon!

Smiles!
Gwen DTC-ACLP

Gemma said...

both beautiful cards Shell, love the inking around the image on the first one, a fab effect :) Gemma x

JR Creations said...

Cool cards. Love those papers and now want a cupcake! Thanks for playing at My Partner in Crafting Crime!

Jenny T.

~*Joni said...

Shell this is quite a lineup today! First off, love Movie Star, she is in the sweetest colors with that blonde and blue hair. ;)
Wonderful job with Kenny's image! And finally, that cute cute cupcake drawn for you. That happy cherry is so sweet - literally. Thank you so much for joining in on our food challenge this week.
~*Joni ACLP DT

Susan's crafty chaos said...

Both cards are fab Shell, and huge congrats to your daughter for her wonderful digi stamps :D

Love crafts forever said...

Love your colours. Hugs, Nataliya.

Rainbow Lady said...

Ooh looks good enough to eat Shell I love it and the glossys really show up. Thanks for sparkling with me this week Love Cynthia x

A.J. said...

Two great cards - they are both lovely.

Crafty Creations by AJ
Amanda

Teresa / Trees aWard in Crafts said...

This is just too cool. Love it.

Scrappy said...

Great job with this Kenny K image! Such a fun card, and your coloring is spot on! Fantastic card! :)