2 March 2011

My Shopping Trip!

Well yesterday I woke up feeling ok & as Nige is still off work until tomorrow :0(  we decided to go out for a while! We ended up at Hobbycraft....I spent nothing!!!! There was absolutely nothing I wanted!!!! Mmmmm Nige was rather shocked lol....we then went to an antiques center called Dagfields they have two small craft shops....I spent £1 lol on some cream antique lace! On the way home we popped into what used to be our local Craft Central & usually they have loadsa things in I want but nothing jumped out at me except this gorgeous stamp set, which Docrafts have done for Cancer Research....they are £6.95 with £2 being donated, which I thought was really good! Also these stamps are soooooooooooo outta my comfort zone, but I had loadsa fun getting
messy with my inks!!
But I am paying for it today feel like rubbish, my wound is feeling really tight just hope its a sign its healing!!


Challenges I Would Like To Enter
Corrosive Challenge- distressing
Wild Orchid Challenge- anything goes

Goodies I Used
I used my new 'TWEET' stamp set from Docrafts
The cage, label, birdie & sentiment are all from the same set!
Bird stamped in Memento the rest Archival
IQ paper from Staples
6" scalloped square card from Crafty Emma's Store
Promarkers from Crafty Emma's Store
Bird- cool grey 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, cocoa, henna & gold

Paper & Embellishments
DP- Exquisite by Papermania
Cream card from Papermania
Colour distressing using Tim Holtz, Vintage Photo
Paper distressing using my thread cutter
Flower cut on my Slice using Basic 2 sd card
Leaves cut on my Slice using Think Pink sd card
My stash brad
Card candy- Dotty Coffee Bean from Crafty Emma's Store

Thanks for stopping by today I hope you are all ok
Hugs xx

11 comments:

My'scardcorner said...

This is lovely Shell so glad you managed out for a trip but isnt that typical not much you want when youve money. Hope youre not too sore today. Take care
Myrax

Pami said...

Hi Shell, fantastic that you could get out and about for a bit. And you were very good not spending any money!! Wonderful card love all the distressing, you have done a great job! Pami x

Brenda Brown said...

Ouch, hope you're not hurting too much, but sometimes you just gotta go with what you feel like doing at the time.
I so, so, so love this card Shell (well I would wouldn't I it being all distressed and with a bird and bird cage hehe). You did a mighty fine job on it, it's perfect.
You are very welcome, glad you like the card.
Take care of yourself now.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Janet said...

great card! thanks for joining the corrosive challenge:)
hugs

Emma said...

Hope you not suffering too much hun...fabulous that you had time out but a shame you didn't find more goodies. Shud of come to my house!! Lol
Your card is beautiful...I love it!!
Hugs Emma x

Lisa Jane said...

So glad to hear you are out and about it will do you the world of good. I looked at these stamos - but passed on them lol as they have a birds theme lol.. but it is good that a good portion of the money goes to a worth while cause.
Great card .. but you know me and birds lol
Lisa x

jackiescrafts said...

Love your card Shell and the colouring is fab too
Glad you are feeling a bit better, it's still early days and you will have days when you feel better than others. Continue to take care hunnie and get lots of rest

Hugs Jackie x

Carrie said...

Lol..isn't that always the way.. when you have time to get something there is nothing you want lol..

I am so glad you feeling a little better..It was a year ago tomorrow I had mine...Work paid for me to go private so I had my own room..so day 2..in walked Sam with my copics and a load of images!! I sat colouring for 3 days lol..the nurses loved it!!

Lovely card..can't tell it's out of your comfort zone..xx

Liz said...

Wow Shell ur ...BRAVE!

.. BUT SO GLAD UR ON THE MEND BEEN EYEING UP THESE BIRD CAGES THEY ARE FAB

Take care never noticed Caps there!
Will pop by soon again

Liz xx :)

coops said...

stunning card shell.love your new stamps and really elegant look :D
pleased you are getting out hun but do take care and hopefully your next shopping trip will be more sucessful :D

xx coops xx

Dena said...

Shell! What a gorgeous card! Love the birdcage!
Thanks for joining the Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge this week!
Happy Crafting!
Dena