24 May 2014

'Tile Effect'

It's the weekend, yay....this week has been really strange. Nige was off Tuesday & Wednesday, so my days are all mixed up! He is off again tomorrow, so we are off to Gentleshaw for the day.

Anyhoos my reason for being here today is to show you my creation for My Time To Craft. This week we have a great challenge for you. I have been wanting to do this effect for a while, so decided to do it as a challenge theme, only so I can see what fab creations everyone makes lol!

TILE EFFECT!

kinda like a jigsaw puzzle but with straight sides....


This has got to be one of my all time favourite flower stamps that I own. I think I have used it about 5 times now. It is perfect to colour using Promarkers, water colours or just pencils.

Challenges I Would Like To Enter
STAMPlorations- stamp & flower
Charisma Cardz- May flowers
Paper Pretties- flowers

Image & Colouring Mediums
Image- 'Rose' by Local King Rubber Stamp 
Derwent Inktense pencils
Roses- dusky purple, shiraz & scarlet pink
Leaves & stems- ionian green, felt green & hooker's green

Papers & Embellishments
'Words (1)' background stamp by Local King Rubber Stamp
Sentiment & banner- freebie from magazine
My stash- red gems, black card & red paper

Tools & Glues
'Collall' all purpose glue from Natalie & Amy's
'Collall 3D' glue with tools from Natalie & Amy's
'5 x 7" white card blank' from Natalie & Amy's

Thank you so much for stopping by today, I really do appreciate you taking the time to visit me. Why not pop over & see what fab 'tile effect' creations the DT have made to inspire you this week!
Have a great weekend
Hugs xx

18 comments:

Anne said...

Gorgeous card Shell. The tiled effect really does this stamp justice.
Anne x

Kim. said...

Oh wow this is really stunning, the images are both gorgeous and I love the way you cut the pieces.
Kim xXx

Sandra H said...

Oh my goodness this is just adorable and perfect in every way xx

Cazro said...

A great theme, which I have made several times, I think it is very eye catching. I love how you didn't stick with perfect sections, great to see something so different. Caz

Claire said...

This is really effective Shell - gorgeous image. Hugs, Claire x

Hazel (Didos) said...

I love this one, the way you have done the mosaic is brill, much better than my silly way, Hope you have a fabby day tomorrow and give Alfie a Snuggle from me!! Love Hxx

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Shell, such a beautiful image and a really effective design.
Hugs Sue xx

Debbie said...

What a stunning card dearie.Love this effect and this stamp is gorgeous.Really elegant card.Enjoy your weekend sweetie.Hope you're ok.Hugs Debbie x

Vicky said...

Simply beautiful hun....:o)

Enjoy your weekend...

biggest of hugs Vicky xx

http://cheryl-cherylscreativeatcscards.blogspot.co.uk/ said...

Oh wow hun this is lush beautiful image and design hugs cheryl xx

MagsB said...

Wow, Shell, this is so beautiful! It makes me think of gorgeous Victorian tilework! So elegant and lovely!

love Mags B x

JMC Creates said...

I have to agree that this image is beautiful and I love the tile effect too. Jacqui from Stamping Dragon

JMC Creates said...

Great card and awesome image Jacqui from Stamping Dragon

coops said...

so stunning shell.i love the beautiful rose and the tile effect is fab :D

xx coops xx

Sue B said...

Oh Wow! what a fab design Shell.. I love the tile effect… a beautiful image too! :-)
Hope you had a fab weekend hun!
Hugs Sue xx

Jo said...

Wow. This is amazing hun. The image I love. Works really well. Awesome :)

maria f. said...

What a great design and a very pretty flower. Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations.

Tina said...

Gorgeous I really do love this effect, thanks for inspiring and for joining us at Stamping with the Dragon. Hugs Tina (DT)x