12 January 2015

Birthday Balloons!

Oops I'm a bit late with my post today. So confused with what day is which at the moment, with Nige still being off work. Thank you for all you messages, texts & emails wishing him well...I agree hurry up & get well you're interfering with my crafty time! LOL!!
I don't mean it he's been a babe, playing on his egg-box & hasn't asked for any help over the last week. So fingers crossed he is improving....big problem is he won't just sit & rest now. At this moment as I type this he is upstairs helping Katie put up a double bed in Danni's room (its what she wanted for Christmas...just Santa's a bit late lol) I said to leave it until Danni's boyfriend got here later, but nope he wants to do it. So tomorrow he is gonna be moaning about his back again!! arghhhh bl**dy men!!!!

Anyhoos I'm here to share my Inky Inspiration creation with you today!


Decided to use Jenson (my Ecraft) to cut out the balloons. Feel really guilty, I don't use him as much as I should do! Maybees a slightly late New Year resolution...use Jenson at least once a week!!


Challenges I Would Like To Enter
One Stitch at A Time- ATG with something new (embossing folder)
Crafty Calender- what's new (embossing folder)
Naughty or Nice- new, new, new (embossing folder)
Craft & Smash- New Years resolutions I am going to try & use my Ecraft cutting machine at least one a week. I'm also going to keep a record of what I have used it for & the date. So if I'm busy & miss a week I can make it up somehow the next xx

Image & Colouring Mediums
Image- 'Birthday Lili' by Inky Impressions
Promarker/Flexmarkers- words
Spectrum Noir pencils- numbers
Skin- coral, sunkissed pink, blush & 08
Eyes- 87
Hair- sand dune, 96, 85 & 84
Shirt- primrose, 14 & 12
Trousers- cloud blue, 69, 68, red rooster, 53, 22, bright green & apricot
Shoes- azure, 71 & 70
Balloons- apricot, 23, 22, mulberry, 83, 38, bright green, 48 & 47
Gift bag- rose pink, 42, aquamarine & 63
Gift box- aquamarine, 63, gold, 22 & 87
Party hats- red rooster, 93, azure, 70, yellow & 84
Ground- 115, 114, 113 & 112
Tim Holtz distress inks
'Spun Sugar' has been used to colour distress the embossed backing. From Natalie & Amy's

Papers & Embellishments
'Happy Birthday' banner sentiment by Inky Impressions
Faux stitching done using Morrison's fineliners
My stash- ribbon, blue card & white card

Tools & Glues
'Collall' all purpose glue from Natalie & Amy's
Craftwell Ecraft
'Balloons' were a free SVG from the internet
Sizzix Bigshot
'Fabulous Florals' embossing folder by Sheena Douglass
'5" square white card blank' from Natalie & Amy's

Thank you for stopping by today
Have a great week
Hugs xx


9 comments:

Judy V said...

Sweet card! Love your coloring and the embossing! Thanks for sharing with us at CC&CC! Hope to see you back again soon!

Sandra H said...

Simply gorgeous is your card and stunning image x

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Super cute Shell love the balloons! Men will be men lol! Susan x

coops said...

so gorgeous shell.fab cute image and i love the bright colours ;D

x coops xx

Sue Nicholson said...

Lovely sweet card, thanks for sharing an joining us at CC&CC cheers Sue N x

MagsB said...

Oh dear, what is it about blokes? They never seem to rest when they're supposed to!! I hope he's had no bad effects from building the double bed!

Your card is ao sweet, hun, such a sweet image and your colours are so bright and cheerful!

love Mags B x

Debbie Adams said...

What a great card. I like everything about it, especially the balloons you cut out. :D Thank you for joining and sharing with at One Stitch At A Time, AG with New.
Deborah DT

Dotty Jo said...

Thanks for sharing your sweet card with us at Naughty or Nice Challenges, Jo x

Seafield Jo said...

This is a lovely card Shell, your colouring is fabulous and I love the embossing.

Thanks for joining in our Something New challenge at Crafty Calendar this month.

Jo x