27 February 2009

Hope you like it !!!!!!


I started a parchment class about a month ago, and absolutely fell in love with it. It is soooooooooo relaxing even the girlies are having ago....


I finished my first piece yesterday so I thought I would post on here and see what my cyber buddies thought....


If anyone wants the pattern email me and I will send it to you.....she is gorgeous...


For those of you that want to know...

1st I traced the pattern using a mapping tool and white ink

2nd I traced the ladies face and neck using a mapping tool and sepia ink

3rd I traced her necklace and ear ring using mapping tool and gold ink

4th I coloured her hair with blending pencils (WH Smith do a box of 36 for £3.99 and they are great)

5th I then used Dorso crayon (thingys) to shade the pink of her face, the background a shade of peach and her hat and shoulders purple (I have been told that if you can't afford the proper pergamarno Dorso oil ( about £5) for blending them Linseed oil works the same....but muppet here bought the wrong one so still had to buy the proper stuff (SHHHHHHHHHH don't tell Nige lol)

6th I used the technique called "dip dab" around the brim of her hat (all the little dots)

7th I then painted inside her ear ring and the ovals on her necklace with pearl paint

8th I then did all the embossing which I loved doing along with the shading on the flowers and leaves

9th I then painted her eyes and lips, turning her over to lightly emboss her lips giving her a pout

10th I then shaded in the creases of her hat and dress using blending pencils

11th I then used a 2-split tool around the edge (which was the part I was dreading, to do all that work then rip it)


Then its done....lol


sorry about the waffling but I thought I would explain how I did my pretty lady and I am so addicted to parchment...



TAKE CARE Shell xxx


9 comments:

Louise Emma said...

Wow wow wow Wow wow wow Wow wow wow Wow wow wow Wow wow wow Wow wow wow Wow wow wow Wow wow wow Wow wow wow Wow wow wow Wow wow wow Wow wow wow Wow wow wow Wow wow wow Wow wow wow Wow wow wow

UNBELIEVABLE ............... I
ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT.....

WELL DONE HUN XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Anonymous said...

WOW.....I TOTALLY AGREE..
for someone who has not been doing parchment long, it is amazing, i have been doing parchment for about 3 yrs, and love it more and more each time, the painting side of it i love, can't wait to pass my tutors course to be able to teach this, honestly hun it is amazing you should be real proud of yourself, anything you get stuck with or after a pattern shout ,I HAVE STACKS AND STACKS of them, would only be too happy to pass them on...
Ohhhhhh a parching buddy YAhhhhh!!!!!
Hugs Angel

Wellnifty said...

Wow and more wows, it absolutely beautiful, Shell... well done.I'd love a copy of the pattern, just to give it a go, I don't think I'd be able to do the colouring bit but would love to have a go at those flowers. I think you have my email address if not let me know and I'll email you.

Chris x

Wellnifty said...

Me again Shell, I've left something for you on my blog.

Chris x

val090 said...

I've always said I wouldn't do parchment because of all the time you have to put in. But this has changed my mind. I'd love a copy Shell. That is so so beautiful. Do you need many tools?
email val.fricker@virgin.net
Thanks Val

Anonymous said...

Me again hun....
pop and get your new cute award from meeeeeeeeee.....
hugs Angel

Anne said...

oh wow Shell you've did a great job.
It's really great, especially as you've only started on parchment. Keep up the good work

Anonymous said...

That is just gogeous I do so love parchment bought myself a kit to have ago with just small flowers
Well done Shell she is beautiful
Myrax

Anonymous said...

Shell this is fabulous, so well done.
I went to a pergamano class a couple of years ago for about 4 months and i am nowhere near as good as this,but looking at your lovely card i think i willbe having another go

Norma x