20 May 2010

Hubby Got Sooooooooo Excited lol....

Well, Nige finished work early yesterday,  & as most of you know the girls get home about 2pm from school (they start at 8.15) so we decided to go for a walk....we ended up at the local JCB factory lol...they have got the most fantastic lake with so many different species of birds. Which keeps Nige & Katie happy, me, Danni and Charlie were just happy being out & about (I managed to walk all the way around without Sammy (mobility scooter) was really proud of myself..lol).
It must of taken us about 3 hours to walk (hobble) around this lake (its not that big) but oh the babies we saw sooooooooooo cute. Will post pics of them tomorrow, but today I thought I would show you this little beauty. I still don't know how Nige spotted him...but he was worth all the aching today and boy do I ache...my own stoopid fault for 'trying' to play footie with the girls lol



I have never seen Nige get soooooooo excited over a bird, well the feathered kind anyway lol. For those that aren't sure he is a Little Owl and a very beautiful one.

On to todays card, my friend Hazel (Dido) her eldest son is 13 at the weekend so decided to make him a card...ermmmmmmmmmmm its Niges birthday tomorrow & I still haven't made a card oopppss lol never mind I'm sure I will get one done at some point today.

I wasn't sure what to do, but I remember Hazel mentioning something about bowls & golf ....
He is a sweetie, really enjoyed colouring him in..

Stuff I Used

All DP my stash
Image Golfing Bobbie from Marjies Malarkies
Promarkers
Skin- ivory & blush
Hair- raw sienna & tan
T-Shirt- walnut, burgundy & henna
Club- ice grey 1, 2, 3 & 4, red & crimson
Shorts & Socks- china blue & royal blue
Shoes- caramel & tan
Floor- grass
'Cool Dude' sentiment Pollycraft and coloured sky blue
'Happy 13th Birthday' sentiment my slice 'basic elements' card
doodling whispers
button & string my stash

I am entering this into a challenge at 'Cards For Men' where their theme is 'outdoors'.

Thanks for stopping by, hope the sun is shining where you are...hugs xx




7 comments:

Irena said...

Very cute bird :)
Wonderful card, lovely coloring.

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah Shell its brill, he is gonna love it, thanks so much Honeyxoxox Hope Nige has a brill birthday, Love the Owl, they are stunning animals. Love Hxoxoxox

Donnas Den said...

Great card, Shell. Having the promarker colours listed is really useful too. Thanks for joining us over at Cards for Men and good luck with the challenge.

Donna xx

Patricia St Martin said...

So cute. Thank for joining us at Cards for Men. Good luck on the challenge.

Saskia said...

Great card for a great boy!

Saskia :)

Unknown said...

Fabulous card Shell! Thanks for playing along with us at Cards For Men. Good luck! Viv xx

Betty Wright said...

So adorable, Shell! Great colors, coloring, and design! Cute guy card!