26 October 2015

Snow Queen

Hey, I hope you are all well & keeping warm. The temperature here has no idea what its doing up & down like a blinkin' yo-yo!!! Makes it difficult knowing what to wear, as I hate getting to warm & really hate getting cold lol yeah as Nige says pain in the ar*e xx

Anyhoos, I'm here to share with you my latest Sweet Pea Stamps creation, for their progressive challenge over on Facebook.

I just had to buy this image when I saw her, she is so sassy & the reindeer has an earring lol



If you are my friend on Facebook & you saw my post on Saturday, you will know my fabulous hubby took me to Hobbycraft. He was an absolute darling & brought me a new die cutting machine (I have had my Bigshot for over 10 years) I decided (after a lot of walking around & discussing it with him) to have the X-cut Xpress. The dies on this card have been cut out using it & wow what a difference a new machine makes, crisp cuts & they just fall out of the die, no bits to poke out. And its so easy to use, love it already. Thank you to my darling hubby for cheering me up, love you xx

Challenges I Would Like To Enter
Julia Spiri- die cuts/punches
ABC Christmas- U = unusual Christmas colours
Crafting by Designs- get ready for Christmas
A Snowflakes Promise- winter/Christmas theme

Image & colouring Mediums
Image- 'Snow Queen' By Linda Biggs from Sweet Pea Stamps
Promarkers/Flexmarkers- words in black
Derwent Coloursoft Pencils- words in brown
Snow Queen
Skin- blush & pale brown
Necklace- gold & purple
Hair- purple & royal blue
Coat- lemon, orange, pale orange, spring lilac & purple
Tights- lemon, orange & pale orange
Undershirt- spring lilac
Boots- spring lilac & purple
Crown- lemon, orange, pale orange, spring lilac & purple
Wings- fresh bloom, pink lavender & fuchsia pink
Reindeer- nutmeg & black brown
Harness- lipstick red & gold
Wings- blue & baby blue
Bunnie- icicle & mid grey
Elf
 Skin- blush & pale brown
Wings- iced blue
Clothes- gold, bright orange, lipstick red & cranberry
Snowflakes- aquamrine
Trees- pine & dark green
Ground- aquamarine, blender & leaf green

Papers & Embellishments
DP- ? from my scrap box
'blue' card from the 12 x 12 coloured stack by Papermania
My stash- 4mm & 5mm cream pearls

Tools & Glues
'Collall' all purpose glue from Natalie & Amy's
X-cut Xpress
'Poinsettia' die cut by Creative Dies
'lace border #5' by Die'sire from Crafters Companion
'winterflake' corner die cut by Memory Box 920 
'5 x 7" white card blank' from Natalie & Amy's

Thank you for stopping by today, I'm off to finish some Christmas cards I am making for my Mom to take to Douglas Macmillan (she volunteers there) I always try & donate some to them about now, but with health issues I'm a few weeks behind with everything, so I need to get a shuffle on...
Hugs xx


5 comments:

Sue B said...

Oh Wow! this is a fab image Shell… love that cool reindeer!! your colouring is awesome and I love the pretty embellies! :-)
Aww I'm SO glad that you had a fab time at Hobbycraft hun… Wow! your new X Cut Xpress… sounds a dream!! it will be big help cutting through those fiddly dies. I had some serious pokey bits last week… took me 30 minutes to get the bits out of a Sue Wilson Bow Tie Border!! made me SO grumpy! I was swearing like a trooper... Lol.
Hope you have a nice evening!
Big hugs, Sue B xx

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Beautiful card Shell
Dianne xx :)

Helen said...

Gorgeous card!
Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x

MagsB said...

Fabulous card, and hooray for your lovely hubby taking you to Hobbycraft! I hope you're feeling better !

love Mags B x

raven said...

Great card. Thankyou so much for sharing with us at ASP. Good Luck..Genny DT xxx