11 January 2019

2019!!

I can't believe its over 2 months since I posted...I have had a few really crap months!
Just after the last time I posted, I fell cracking my knee cap, adding to the already out of control pain I get in my knee. So between working & house life I fell into a depression. I really struggled to drag myself out of it. Just as I was starting to see the light, we had to have our beautiful 15yr old greyhound put to sleep....we have had him since he was 5 weeks old, so life without him is real strange!  Then Christmas came & went, it was ok but no eldest daughter at home as she decided to stay at Uni until new year. She came home on New Years Eve & spent the night with us. Then I made another horrible decision, I left a job I absolutely love! My knee just wouldn't let me stand behind a counter for 8 hours straight, without putting me in bed for the following 2 days!!!
So there we go, fingers crossed 2019 is better!
I hope you all had a fabulous Christmas & New Year xx

My first creation for 2019, is for My Time To Craft where the theme is ....

WINTER BIRTHDAY

I decided to make a winter scene, using a freebie set from Simply Cards & Papercraft



Images & Colouring Mediums
Images & Stencil from the 'Winter Wonderland' set from Simply Cards & Papercraft
Trees- Memento 'desert sands'
Badger & sentiment- Versafine 'onyx black'
Deer- Versafine ' vintage sepia
Snow- Tim Holtz Distress Oxide 'salty ocean'

Papers & Embellishments
white- colouring card by Rymans
blue- from the 12 x 12 colouring stack by Papermania
My stash- sentiment stamp

Tools & Glues
'Collall' all purpose glue
'5" square white card blank'

Thank you for stopping by today, I'm glad to be back crafting. I have missed it!
Hugs Shell xx


3 comments:

MagsB said...

Welcome back, sweetie! Here's hoping 2019 will be a wonderful year for you after the last few difficult months.

What a lovely winter scene this is on your card, I love the delicate colours, ideal for those hard-to-cater-for blokes in our lives!

Take care!

With much love, Maggie xxx

Jackie T said...

Hi this is a gorgeous card. You really have been through a lot. I do hope 2019 is better for you. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Sandra H said...

Oh She’ll l am so sorry to read of your depression and that you put your beloved dog to sleep it’s a hard decision to make but am sure it’s the best for your dog and your knee troubles and leaving your job it’s a lot to happen in a short time l hope you get back into your crafts this l find are a distraction and theroputic your card is gorgeous love the image too take care sending lots of love and a happy new year xx