20 September 2019

Stunning!!!

Hi there, can't believe how little I am crafting....this new job is fab, I love it, I really do, but it does take me away from my crafting lol...need to get myself more organised me thinks!

Anyhoos, I'm here today to share my latest DT make for My Time To Craft. Where for the next fortnight the theme is....

BIRDS

so get out your feathered friends & join in with us.

I decided to use a stamp of one of my favourite ever birds, a cormorant. They are just amazing birds to watch, I absolutely love them & I always have a smile when I see one!!



Challenges I Would Like To Enter
Patties Creations- things that fly
Aud Sentiments- ATG with a sentiment
Lavinia World- use rubber stamps

Images & Colouring Mediums
Images- 'Cormorant' from the Coastal Birds stamp set by the RSPB
Images- 'The lighthouse & wooden posts from the 'By The Seaside' stamp set from The Creative Stamping Magazine
Faber Castell Polychromo Pencils in brown
Spectrum Noir Metallic Pencils in red
Wooden posts- van-dyck brown & raw umber
Lighthouse- mortuum, permanent carmine, light cadmium yellow, cold grey V & light yellow ochre
House- cold grey V, light yellow ochre & burnt sienna
Cliff side- bistre & burnt ochre
Grass- hooker's green & leaf green
Cormorant- black, cold grey VI, cold grey V, cold grey IV, blue, purple & green
Sea- light phthalo blue

Papers & Embellishment
DP- 'Chalkboard' 12 x 12 stack by Crafty Sensations
'green' card from the 12 x 12 coloured stack by Papermania

Tools & Glues
'Collall' all purpose glue
Images stamped using 'tuxedo black' ink by Memento
Sentiment stamped using 'onyx black' ink by Versafine
'6" white card blank'

Thank you for stopping by today, please pop over & check out what fab 'feathery' things the design team have created.
I will be back tomorrow with another DT creation,  for Sheepski. Until then take care xx




13 comments:

Hazel (Didos) said...

I know what you mean about time flying!! Just lost a week!!! Love the card its super, Hope alls ok with you guys, Love Hazelx

Lena said...

Beautiful seaside scene. So tranquil ... love it! Lovely background papers!
Thank you so much for playing along with us at Lavinia World Challenges. We hope to see you again next time. Have a wonderful day.
♥ Lena ~ DT
Lavinia World
Lena’s Creations

Sandra H said...

Gorgeous card love the scene and image x

Elaine Stark said...

A lovely scene. Thanks for joining Aud Sentiments challenge. Elaine

MagsB said...

This is such a lovely scene, Shell. The cormorant is in such a classic pose, I like them, too - as a birdwatcher I always enjoy being able to recognise a gorgeous bird straight off! They are unmistakeable!

I hope the new job is going well and that you'll soon settle into a happy routine.

much love, Maggie xxx

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Shell! It's a beautifully colored creation. I'm always amazed when seeing the cormorants holding their outstretched wings like that. They stay for hours, getting thoroughly dried out so their feathers can do more diving for their food. The details in your image are lovely! So happy I saw your pretty card at Lavinia World Challenges >. Hope to see more of your creations in the future.
Smiles,
Donna
{Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

Julie Odil said...

I love cormorants, Shell, and it is rare to see a stamp of one. This is a great project. Thanks for joining us this time at Lavinia World Challenges. Julie, DT member

Nonnie's Cards and Gifts said...

This is a fabulous card. Thank you for crafting with us at Lavinia World. Vicki-DT

Anne Temple said...

You have created such an amazing scene. I love it. So glad you shared it with us for the Lavinia World Challenges #9. :-)

Lori Kobular said...

What a beautiful nautical scene! The colors are perfect and who wouldn't love to receive this gorgeous card! Thanks for sharing with us at Lavinia World Challenges!

Pattie G said...

This is so nice! It goes perfect with our current challenge “Things That Fly” at Patties Creations Design Challenge. Thanks for joining us…
Pattie
Artist and Owner

Decosse's Dynamite Doodles said...

What a pretty card. I love that scene and the sentiment you've used. Thanks so much for entering your project into our latest challenge over at Pattie's Creations.

And while I'm here, thanks so much for also joining over at The Path of Positivity this month. Good luck in both the draws.

☺Lisa D.
DT Member for Pattie's Creations Challenge!
Owner of the Path of Positivity Challenge!
Décosse’s Dynamite Doodles--My Personal Blog!

Suze said...

Great masculine card and a perfect sentiment for this image. Thank you for joining in at Path Of Positivity Anything Goes Challenge and optional twist of Curiousity.