6 May 2020

Thank You NHS!

Good morning fellow crafters, I've had an absolute pants week this last week. My Mom was diagnosed with this shite virus & isn't well at all. Thankfully (fingers crossed) its not affected her breathing yet, but she has no sense of smell or taste, so shes not eating. Also tummy cramps are flooring her! As we have been doing their shopping for them, I asked her what food she really fancied & I would get it for her.....nothing!!! So not like my mom!!
Please keep her in your thoughts & prayers xxx

Anyhoos, I'm here to share my latest 'A Place To Start' creation with you. Our theme for the next month is.....

MAKE YOUR OWN BACKGROUND

stencils, stamps, inks, paints etc...just no DP

I decided to use one of Whimsy Stamps freebies & pop the finished card in our front window, just to say a huge thank you from us to the key workers xx


I thought I'd use my star stencil as in my eyes they are all superstars!


Challenges I Would Like To Enter
Images & Colouring Mediums
Image- 'Dr Cute Penguin' from the penguin medics set by Whimsy Stamps
Tri-Blend Markers by Spectrum Noir in black
Distress Oxides by Tim Holtz in pink
Penguin- ice grey blend, ice grey shades & orange blend
Hat, coat & mask- blue turquoise blend & blue turquoise shades
Stethoscope & bag- coral shades & ice grey blend
Thermometer- coral blend
Stars- ripe persimmon & squeezed lemonade

Papers & Embellishments
'white' colouring card by Rymans
'white' stamping card by Sheena Douglas
'turquoise' card from the A4 stack by Lime Tree Crafts

Tools & Glues
'Collall' all purpose glue
'Collall' 3D glue with tools
Diamond Press by Crafters Companion
'funky alphabet' dies from Issue 7 of Die Cutting Essential Special Edition
'6" square white card blank

Thank you for stopping by today, please pop over & see what fab 'backgrounds' the DT have made for this challenge.
I will be back on the 7th until then stay safe xx



13 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi this is a stunning card. I love that image. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Nancy said...

So many adorable freebies on the web and I hadn't seen this one! He is adorable and so well colored! Love the stenciled background too! So happy you played along with us for Word Week at Just Us Girls.

Sandra H said...

So sorry to read of your mum it’s a terrible time and hoping that she recovers quickly and try and get some food down her even if it’s soups - your card as always is adorable stay safe xx

Deborah Frings said...

Firstly, I do hope that your mum gets well soon. I love your card, it's cute and so sweet. Take time for yourself too. sending hugs xx Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls, Deborah, GD.

Joy Wilson said...

Such a cute card! I hope you mum feels better! Thank you for sharing in our challenge at Classic Design Challenge we really appreciate you joining in.

Joy DT



Joyfully Stamps

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

Oh that is terrible for your Mum. I just hope she gets through all of this. It is a terrible worry. My parents are 92 & 95 so very worrying. I love your beautiful card you created here, nice work..
Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Annette DT / Admin / Registered Owner for https://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com/

MagsB said...

What a fabulous card for our NHS superheroes! I hope your Mum feels better soon, I will certainly be praying for her - and for you, of course, sweetie. XXX

love Mags B x

Dawn Phillips said...

I do hope your mum makes a swift and full recovery. It took my dad quite a while a he developed pneumonia but, thank the Lord, he's fine now. I will keep your mum in my prayers. Love Dawn x

Gale said...

Lovely card Shell! Hope you Mom has a quick recovery. Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Gale DT for  http://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/

Ruthie Lopez said...

oh no :( hope she feels better soon, will keep her in my thoughts.
Love your card!!! that penguin is so cute!
Ruth
@ My Hobby My Art

Catrin Goodwin said...

Love this image - Beautifully coloured - thank you for joining us at LPCF - good luck x

Aimeslee Winans said...

Hi, Shell! You've done this cute penguin justice here. Love all the stars, too. What a kind gesture! Hope she stays well. I am so sorry that your mom is ill. I hope she is getting better! I checked your subsequent posts for news - hope no news is good news. My prayers are with y'all. Thanks so much for playing with us at Love to Craft Challenge Blog!  XXO, Aimeslee DT

Jeanie Ellis - Scrapbookingmamaw said...

What a cutie! Love it!
Prayers for your mom!
Thank you so much for entering our Challenge at Crafter's Castle this week. Good luck!
Blessings, Jeanie Ellis DT
Crafter's Castle
crafterscastle.blogspot.com
Scrapbookingmamaw MyBlog