25 April 2021

Hydrangea Sprite

I was lucky enough to with the 'Colouring With Pencils' challenge last month & was asked to be a guest designer...well how could I say no!! You know I love my pencils lol!!
I was sent this gorgeous image to colour. Hydrangeas always make me think of my Nan (who passed away when I was 16) she had a massive hydrangea outside her front window. The colours on it used to amaze me when I was smaller. So for this image I have printed it out at A5 size & cut a frame out on my Scan n Cut so I can put it on my wall.
The theme is....

SOMETHING BEGINNING WITH B

I have brown, beautiful, blue, big (as its not for a card its 9" x 8") border, if you see any more let me know!!


Challenges I Would Like To Enter
Creative Knockouts- wings & things
Krafty Chicks- any occasion

Images & Colouring Mediums
Images- 'Hydrangea Sprite' by Colour of Love
Polychromo Pencils by Faber-Castell
Versafine Clair Pigment Ink by Tsukineko in pink
Skin- cinnamon & medium flesh
Eyes- chrome oxide green fiery & phthalo green
Hair- dark indigo, warm grey VI & cold grey IV
Clothes- bistre, brown ochre & naples yellow
Wings- helio turquoise, cobalt turquoise & cobalt green
Big leaves- pine green, deep cobalt green, hookers green & emerald green
Small leaves- chrome oxide green & permanent green olive
Flowers- light purple pink, light magenta, cadmium yellow lemon, orange glaze, blue violet, violet & sky blue
Sky- blue belle & warm breeze

Papers & Embellishments
'white' colouring card by Rymans
'brown & pink' 12 x 12 Bazill card my stash

Tools & Glues
'Collall' all purpose glue
Scan n Cut
Frame is by The Gentlemen Crafter

Thank you for stopping by today, please pop over & see what fabulous creations the DT make using pencils!




 

6 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Shell this is a gorgeous card. I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Sandra H said...

Wow Shell this is an absolutely beautiful image and to think it brought back memories of your nan you have coloured them so beautiful and congratulations on your guest appearance you should be so proud of yourself enjoy your day xx

jaybea said...

What a beautiful card you have done, the colours are so lovely Thank you for joining us at Creative Knockouts

Nance said...

THat is one gorgeous image and wonderful coloring! Glad you joined us this week at Krafty Chicks.

Cheryl said...

Very pretty!


Cheryl (SheStamps)
Visit my blog - She Stamps

Vicky Hayes said...

Beautifully coloured Shell! I love hydrangeas too and am fascinated by their delicate colours. Vicky x