8 April 2021

Monkey Fun!!

 Good morning fellow crafters, I hope you are well! I'm here today to share my latest 'Cardz 4 Galz' creation with you. Our theme for the next fortnight is....

SLIMLINE

these sized cards are all the rage at the minute & I will admit I do like them!!

I was asked by one of Nige's friends to make a card for his wifey, a just because.. So I had no brief , no idea what he wanted, other than it was to be a fun quirky make for no reason in particular! So this is what I made & thankfully he loved it & so did she!!!





Challenges I Would Like To Enter
Unicorn Challenge- include an animal
Dragonfly Dreams- feature a creature

Images & Colouring Mediums
Images & sentiment- 'Monkey' by C.C.Designs
Polychromo Pencils by Faber-Castel in black
Prism Ink Pad by Hunkydory in pink
Left Monkey- cinnamon, medium flesh, burnt umber & burnt sienna
Middle Monkey- cinnamon, medium flesh & brown ochre
Balloon- blue violet, purple violet & violet
Right Monkey- cinnamon, medium flesh & dark sepia
Branch- walnut brown & burnt sienna
Leaves- hookers green & leaf green

Papers & Embellishments
'white' colouring card by Rymans
'purple' card from the A4 stack by Lime Tree Crafts

Tools & Glues
'Collall' all purpose glue
'unbe-leaf-able' stencil by Heffy Doodle
All stamped using 'onyx black' ink by Versafine
stencilling done using 'spring meadow & apple green
'DL slimline white card blank'

Thank you for stopping by today, I will be back tomorrow, so until then take care xx




10 comments:

Vicky Hayes said...

Well it's definitely fun and quirky Shell but also beautifully designed and made! I love that softly stencilled background and the monkeys are adorable. What a nice man your husband's friend must be to want to surprise his wife with a card! Vicky x

Jackie T said...

Hi Shell this is such a cute card. I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Hazel (Didos) said...

These guys are so sweet, what a cheeky bunch. Love me xx

Sandra H said...

So loving these slim line cards and yours Shell and the image is so adorable x

Lynda said...

Love it - brought a smile to my face - thank you for that! xx

anncreatief said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Unicorn. Have a nice day,.. Succes!!
DT Anneke

anncreatief said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Unicorn. Have a nice day,.. Succes!!
DT Anneke

papierelle said...

What a lovely and funny card!! I'll be in a good mood right away!! Glad you joined us at the Dreamfactory. Gundi

Rosmarie said...

Aww, how cute are these little monkeys, and how beautifully you staged them!! I like these clownish pranksters - nothing then nonsense in their heads!!!! Thank you so much for playing along with our Dream Factory challenge. Rosi x

Marie Bingaman said...

These guys look like they could stir up a lot of trouble! I love them against the leafy background, and your coloring is wonderful! Thanks for sharing this cute card with us at 2CCC, and good luck! :)

~Marie B -DT