11 January 2020

Box For Mom!

Ok, so every year I get my Mom a box of Turkish Delight, ya know the one with talcum powder stuff in. Well I decided after so many years of it being in a boring box, I thought I'd make her a special sweetie box. With a baking sheet lining so she can either add more sweeties or take that out & put something else in there. Thankfully she loved it!! 

I also thought this make would be perfect for my DT make over at 'Not Just Cards' where as always our theme is ATG!





Challenges I Would Like To Enter
Alphabet Challenge- T (I've never made this fold of box before xx)
2 Crafty Critter Crazies- ATG with a critter
Tuesday Taggers- what a cutie
Penny Black & More- make it feminine

Images & Colouring Mediums
Image- 'Fox on a Branch' by Wild Rose Studio
Fox- earth brown shades, burnt orange blend, pale pink blend & brown grey blend
Branch- muted brown blend & alpine green blend
Letraset fineliner used for fluffy fur
Leaves- twisted citron & mowed lawn
Flowers- dusty concord & spun sugar
Flourish- salty ocean

Papers & Embellishments
DP- 'Vintage Outdoor' mix & match by Crafty Sensations
'white' colouring card by Rymans
'white' stamping card by Sheena Douglas
'black' card from the 12 x 12 coloured stack by Papermania
My stash- ribbons

Tools & Glues
Sizzix Bigshot
Image stamped using 'desert sand' ink by Memento
'stitched circle' die cuts by M+C Boutique
'prima donna petals' die cut by Die-namics
'fancy flourishes' die cut from the 'butterfly lullaby' signature collection by Sara Davies

I just loved making this box, I see a few more being made lol
I will be back on the 15th, until then take care xx


9 comments:

Linby said...

Lovely box and nice contents one of my faves too.
Thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black & More challenge.
Lynn x
DT

Jackie T said...

Hi this is gorgeous. No wonder your mum loved it. Enjoy your weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

brenda said...

What a pretty box you made for your Mums sweets, many thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black and More challenge and joining in with our 'Feminine' theme.

B x

My name is Erika. said...

That little fox is adorable. Thanks for sharing it with us at try It On Tuesday. And what a nice idea to make a box for your mom. I can see why she loved it. Hugs-Erika

Sandra H said...

So beautiful is your card just love all that you do to create this and that fox is just so cute x

NanaConnie said...

Oh, Shell, what a darling little fox! Great idea and great way to update the tradition of that gift for your mom. I want to thank you for supporting us by entering your project in our "Anything Goes with a Critter" challenge at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies. Good luck in the draw and please come play again.
NanaConnie DT

Cazro said...

A fabulous and pretty project. Thanks for joining in our challenge at Alphabet Challenges. We hope to see you again. Caz DT.

Helen said...

A great idea, Shell and a really pretty design.

Thanks for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge.

Helen x

Meggymay said...

A fabulous gift box and you added a really cute image . Thank you for shating with us at Try it on Tuesdays.
Yvonne